Subject: Re: Creating users
To: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@CHADWYCK.CO.UK>
From: Neil A Carson <neil@IVISION.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 17:56:43
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

> As a start how about an idiots guide to creating users. Don't say "use vipw"
> because it didn't seem to work properly for me. There are a multitude of
> passwd files and master passwd files without any idea which is the correct
> one.

I don't think this really needs to go into 'RiscBSD' or even 'NetBSD'
documentation. It's a generic 4.4BSD question. There are hordes of books
on the subject in places like Blackwells. I think people's time might be
better spent writing RiscBSD or NetBSD specific documentation, eg.
installation guides, rcm guides, etc.

    Yours Aye,

    Neil

* Neil A Carson