Subject: Re: FPU
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG, ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 16:40:03
On Jul 4,  4:30pm, Wolfgang Solfrank wrote:
> Subject: Re: FPU
> AFAIK, the first and only working 620s that are really working were delivered
> Bull for some early development machines. Do you (or did you) have access to
> one of these machines?

Well, if you really want the gory details I personally have only got my paws on
Power2 machines. The 620 benchmarks were done at IBM by an aquaintance of mine
with the same code AFAIK. I was aware that it wasn't done on a production
machine, but I wasn't told details. My guess is that it was early prototype
silicon on some sort of development card (I don't actually know so thats a wild
guess). I have refrained from quoting actual benchmark numbers for obvious
reasons.

Sorry, 'fraid I can't arrange for you to have access to port NetBSD :-(

Cheers

Rob Black