Subject: Re: Installation help needed
To: None <steffen.duenner@uni-duesseldorf.de>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 14:15:12
I am doing all this from memory, so I cannot guarantee anything, and
did it all a long time ago, but I guess your system is effectively the
rootdisc loaded onto ram with the harddisc mounted of /mnt. Try:

mountfd		mounts floppy onto directory /floppy
ls /floppy	check that base.00 or whatever is there
cp /floppy/* /mnt/usr/distrib	Assuming this is where your harddisk is!
umountfd

repeat the above until all the sets are in /mnt/usr/distrib - could be
/usr/distrib already, I don't know where you are - (check by typing
mount and see where /dev/wd.. is / or /mnt)! Then

cd /mnt/usr/distrib
zcat base.?? | tar tvf | more	Shows you all the files in the sets
zcat base.?? | tar xvf | more	Extracts the files, but maybe to the
				wrong place?

Someone else might have a better memory!

  Patrick