Subject: Re: X hangups and Thanks
To: netbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Pead <Daniel.Pead@NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 09:12:04
On Wed 03 Jul, Jonathan Scott wrote:

> I have used tried loading the XMAN and the system says their is insufficint
> memory to load the man pages (something like that).

No, this is just xman failing to find the manual pages and (due to a common
SYSV-ism in the code involving realloc()) giving a silly error message.

I posted some stuff about this a month or so back, but I've forgotten
the details now.  I'll check up... I can't remember if setting MANPATH
actually works or not & suspect that the person who ported it had the
manual sources installed - it was looking in the .../man/cat# directory
instead of .../man/man# (or was it the other way round?)

> X seems to freeze on me I load a couple of things like xterm and calc etc. I
> once saw a message reporting insufficient system resources.

You probably need to increase the 'max processes' setting in the !BtRiscBSD
dialogue box before you start up.

Daniel Pead --- Shell Centre for Maths Education --- University of Nottingham
http://acorn.educ.nottingham.ac.uk/ShellCent/Staff/dan.html
mailto:Daniel.Pead@Nottingham.ac.uk   phoneup:0115 951 4991