Subject: Contents of .profile
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Rutter <chris@COLEGIUM.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 09:42:33
Every new user I create I put into group 100, with a uid starting at 500
and going up. They use the bash shell. The .profile file contains something
along the lines of:
                    stty erase ^H
                    tset -Q vt220
                    PS1="\h:\w " [not sure about this line]
and I copy this file into every user's urd when I create them. However,
I have noticed that when logging in as root, the cursor keys work as intended
in vi, but when logging in as any other user, the cursor keys produce a
message of the type "[[| not recognised" (or something similar). Is there
a command that will bind the keys in vi for all the users so that cursor
keys and delete work?

Cheers,
Chris.
--