Subject: FPU
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rlancaster@VNET.IBM.COM>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 08:26:26
Sorry about last nights ranting session, it`s just serious depression
is setting in due to the difference in FP performance between the
PowerPC based RS6000 machines here at work and the ARM at home.
After all these RS6000 are essentially the same spec as a Power Mac.

So does anyone know whether ARM are even considering an inbuilt FPU
on the SA?  (I notice that they jumped pritty sharpish when they
realised the 7000 needed one for the net surfer....)  Or are we going
to have to live on a B road for the rest of eternity?

Richard Lancaster
RLANCASTER@VNET.IBM.COM