Subject: Re: Yet more optimisations
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Hughes <tom@COMPTON.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 07:11:07
"Mark Brinicombe" (amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk) wrote:

> There is an function in_cksum() that is called frequently to checksum network
> packets. Currently we are using a generic C version of this function.
> This is something else of the optimisation list. Exactly how much improvement
> this will give I don't know but it is considered significant as most NetBSD
> ports provide optimised or assembly versions.

I may be able to help here... I have a machine code routine to
generate internet checksums for FreeNet, and it could probably
be adapted fairly easy - it's just a question of coping with a
slightly different mbuf style.

> Anyone wanting to have a look feel free.

Well when I've actually got some kernel source I'll have a look
at it... Incidentally, what's the best way to keep an up to date
kernel tree? Can I cvs it from somewhere, or do I have to work
out this sup thing...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.demon.co.uk)
13 Priory Close, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8DB