Subject: Yet more optimisations
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/03/1996 21:12:07
Hi,
  Again for all you folks who have netted RiscBSD....

There is an function in_cksum() that is called frequently to checksum network
packets. Currently we are using a generic C version of this function.
This is something else of the optimisation list. Exactly how much improvement
this will give I don't know but it is considered significant as most NetBSD
ports provide optimised or assembly versions.

Anyone wanting to have a look feel free.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk