Subject: X hangups and Thanks
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Scott <J.C.Scott@open.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/03/1996 22:55:02
Thanks to all those who pointed out where i was going wrong before. I have now
got x booted up. I have used and messed about with Unix somewhat but the
sytems where running software  whch already booted the window manager although
one system i worked at had an exit mwm option to quit i never started it with
the mwm command so i didnt realize that it was there.

I read in the FAQ that 8 M of ram is the min, however if one has booted
normally RiscOS has already grabbed some of the Ram.

I have used tried loading the XMAN and the system says their is insufficint
memory to load the man pages (something like that).

X seems to freeze on me I load a couple of things like xterm and calc etc. I
once saw a message reporting insufficient system resources.

When booting the real mem is reported as 8 Meg avail Mem 5.5 Meg. The swap
report 25Meg.

I have tried 2 different kernals in both cases the system hang on occasion
inso far as it locks out the keyboard/mouse .

1 Is my problem insufficient memory.
2 Is it possible my swap is not working properly.
3 Is there a better way to recover than to swith off.
4 I failed to find configure mention in the install text, does this have any
bearing or is it all taken care of by rcm now.
5 Who is going to win the world cup in 1998.
6 What are the numbers for next weeks lottery

Regards Jon