Subject: Re: FP performance
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/03/1996 12:45:28
>On the subject of floating-point, I believe Neil mentioned recently that
>a hardware FP solution was being developed by a third-party. Is it
>possible to say more about this, please ? What form will it take ? Would
>such a solution work under RiscBSD ?

Ok have to wait for Neil on this one as I don't know if the third party he was
referring to wants to be name. As yet I don't know how much development has
actually been done and how much is just thoughts on how to do it.
Such a solution if it is developed would be supported by RiscBSD since Neil
would be doing the software support for it.

There are other such hardware solutions...

I am playing with a podule with a pair of FPU's on it. This is an experimental
podule I designed to test a few ideas and to test how easy we could support
multiple FPU's under RiscBSD.
Next would be a 5 FPU one so each of my hydra processors had an FPU.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk