Subject: Re: First attempt partly successful (very long)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Walker <cwalker@paston.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/02/1996 20:26:56
On Tue 02 Jul, Robert Black wrote:
> On Jul 2, 12:39pm, Neil A Carson wrote:
> > Subject: Re: First attempt partly successful (very long)

[snip]
> Personally I intend to worry about the code side of things mainly.
> If people want to package it prettily and do a RiscBSD equivalent of a
> Red Hat distribution or something I have no problems with that - we can't
> do everything and the coding needs doing by somebody.

As one of the people that have mentioned install problems, perhaps I could
comment. I think it's horses-for-courses. I can't write code and so I would
much rather you people, *the team*, got on with doing that. The
documentation is a relatively minor problem in comparison. Other people
should take care of that if need be. I tend to support somebody who favoured
the steep learning curve. Unix has never appeared to me to be easy to get
to grips with so problems after install I am prepared to tolerate, but
install is something else. I think more effort needs to be put in to that
but *not* by the kernel team.

--
             __