Subject: Re: Re[4]: Floating point performance
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rik Griffin <riscbsd@CHEESEY.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/02/1996 21:44:44
In message <1d8dd360@chadwyck.co.uk> you wrote:

> > I've been working on my own Acorn (ie RISCOS) port
> > of POVray 2.2 for
>
> Surely PoV 2.2 is available for Risc OS?

Yes it is, Adam Hamilton did a port ages ago, and it works fine. Except
it gets filenames confused a bit. (eg: <Thing$Dir>.colors.inc is
interpreted as inc.<Thing$Dir>.colors not <Thing$Dir>.inc.colors)

What I am mainly working on is improving the speed. I have been
investigating the use of fixed point numbers instead of floating point,
but there have been a few problems with this. :(

Also I have fixed the filename problems, and I am going to add a few
RISCOS specific command line switches, eg to turn off video DMA while
running, that sort of thing. And maybe display-as-it-runs, like the PC
version.

But I won't be releasing it for a while yet, partly as I am also working
on another project that's taking most of my time.

Now, back to RiscBSD I think!!