Subject: Re: Cumana SCSI II + Iomega Jaz drive
To: Joseph Heenan <esuvf@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/28/1996 11:42:47
Joseph Heenan writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm looking at buying a cumana SCSI II card and a Jaz drive for my
 > RPC 700 (currently 8+2Mb, 850Meg HD), and installing RiscBSD onto
 > a Jaz cartridge.
 >
 > I'm just curious as to whether anyone has tried this yet, or if
 > it's likely to work?

I can't think of a reason it wouldn't. be warned that the cumana
driver isn't the fastest thing in the world atm.

 > [ Has anyone used a Jaz under RiscOS, either, for that matter? ]
 >
 > (For those who don't know, the Jaz is the big brother of the Zip drive,
 > and is a drive that takes interchangeable 1 Gig cartridges - the drive costs
 > around 400ukp, and the cartridges 70ukp, roughly)
 >
 > Thanks!

Cheers Scott

Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Joey: "I may only have a couple drinks in me, but I love you man!"
Chandler: "I'm still on my first. I just think you're nice."    - Friends