Subject: Re: popclient
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olly Betts <olly@MANTIS.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/27/1996 11:07:13
Alex Hayward writes:
>If all the mail in the POP box is for one user, you can just append it
>to their mailbox. Mine isn't (all mail sent to
><anything>@hayward.u-net.com goes to one POP box), and I have yet to
>find a satisfactory way of distributing it locally when it arrives...

A good answer to most mail filtering problems is procmail.  You could (for
example) set up a mail account which receives all the mail, set up its
.forward to feed mail into procmail (or just pipe it into procmail from the
mail alias file) and tell procmail to file the mail onto the end of the
user's mail spool files.

The only potential pitfall I can see is to make sure mail sent to more than
one user on your system gets delivered to each correctly.

Olly