Subject: ANNOUNCE: New kernel
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/26/1996 18:51:56
Hi,
  Ok there is a new kernel on line (4339)
This replaces the 4338 kernel I put up yesterday.
It looks like the 4338 kernel may have been corrupt and people had
problems booting it.

Also I have fixed a significant bug in the console code.
This fixes the problem reported yesterday with an escape sequence crashing
a machine during login (thanks to david brownlee for suplying the string)
The problem was that the coordinates to \033[H sequence were not always
ranged checked so sequences such as \033[999;999H ended up
as setting 999,999 as a valid print position . Writes to the console
would trash memory off the end of the character map and screen.

CHeers,
				Mark
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716