Subject: gcc
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/26/1996 13:49:33
A while back, I mentioned getting an error about a file 'Symbols.o'
which was nowhere to be found on my system, at the linking
stage. This was repeatable. I quite illogically tried compiling the
code again after having added one print statement and the error
changed suggesting the lack of memory problem once more. The source is
about 900k, but how can it run out of memory with the following limits
(40Mb RAM, 30Mb swap):

cputime 	unlimited
filesize 	unlimited
datasize 	262144 kbytes
stacksize 	8192 kbytes
coredumpsize 	0 kbytes
memoryuse 	35452 kbytes
memorylocked 	35452 kbytes
maxproc 	80
openfiles 	64

No X was running, and just one user - me. Any ideas anyone?

	Patrick

(I was also going to mention that with 4281 writing to dos disks seems
to trash them, but reading from them is fine, however, maybe the new
kernel will fix this! and any more thoughts on that simple perl script
that gave the floating point exception?)