Subject: Re: Console bugs...
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/24/1996 20:05:14
On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> 	Well here they are... ctrl-spc just produces space, shift-ctrl-@
> produces nothing, both are used to mark a block of text in jmacs, they work in
> X but not the console.

So that's why I never managed to mark a block in jmacs...

> 	I was loggin into mono via a linux box, mono got to 'checking screen
> size..' and riscbsd hung. completly, no ctrl-esc, no keyboard lights, can't
> ping it etc.

Yup, the same thing happens to me when I log in to our HPs at the
Fachhochschule. If I set your terminal type to something unknown, it
does not happen, but if I forget...
The explanation given by somebody else on this list is correct AFAI can
tell. I can also supply the sequence that is sent by the HP if necessary.
It would be really important for me that this bug is fixed.

There is also a problem when you do an incremental search (CTRL-s) in
jmacs, the screen is not updated properly then.

Hope this helps,

Markus