Subject: Re: Console bugs...
To: Jasper Wallace <riscbsd@SANTAARI.TCP.CO.UK>
From: David Brownlee <david@MONO.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/24/1996 08:29:20
On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> 'lo all
>
> 	Well here they are... ctrl-spc just produces space, shift-ctrl-@
> produces nothing, both are used to mark a block of text in jmacs, they work in
> X but not the console.
>
> 	I was loggin into mono via a linux box, mono got to 'checking screen
> size..' and riscbsd hung. completly, no ctrl-esc, no keyboard lights, can't
> ping it etc.

	I may be able to give more information regarding this... :)
	When trying to determine the screen size mono sends the cursor
	to several locations (primarily to work around defective PC terminal
	emulators), including significantly offscreen.

	I can send the exact sequence if it would be of help.

	(As a workaround you can add /n to the terminal type when connecting
	to mono)

		David		(abs@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'