Subject: A few little problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reuben Thomas <rrt1001@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/23/1996 13:31:02
(Some dumb ones)

1. How do I boot native? Ticking the "boot native" box in the config.
window doesn't seem to make it happen.

2. How do I add users so that I don't keep logging in as root and getting
the "don't log in as root, use su" message?

3. ISTR that when I installed the original base set there was a nice
official looking .profile in the root directory with lots of comments and
commands in it. Now there's a really small one. I've edited the PATH
variable, which didn't include bin directories on the usr partition, and
have made the same changes to /root/.profile, but seemingly to no avail,
when I boot up. Also, I'd rather use bash by default. Should I be adding
commands to .login?

4. Where is the Configure script? I've forgotten to run it and it doesn't
seem to be on the path at the moment, nor can I find it.

--
Web page: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rrt1001/