Subject: Re: Monitor definitions (again)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@IC.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/18/1996 10:13:44
On Jun 17, 10:37pm, Rik Griffin wrote:
> Subject: Monitor definitions (again)
> I have no 800x600 definition in the configured monitor file.
>
> I have no other monitor files anywhere on the filesystem.
>
> Why then is my display still 800 x 600, when I have asked for a
> different resolution, that _is_ in the monitor definition file ??

The monitor definition file is only used by setdisplay or mondef. It is not
used by the kernel bootstrap. The kernel has a monitor definition file compiled
into it so if you want to change the boot mode then you have two options. One
is to put a setdisplay or mondef command in your rc which will then take effect
during multi-user startup. The other is to recompile the kernel with the
appropriate monitor definitions.

Cheers

Rob Black