Subject: Strange compiler warnings
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Hughes <tom@COMPTON.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/15/1996 00:09:02
Well I've started building a few things on RiscBSD now, but I'm seeing
some strange warnings from gcc.

Essentially, anything which includes string.h gives a warning about
protoype conflicts between gcc's builtin protoypes and the ones in
the header file for memcpy() and memcmp(). Leastways, I think that's
what it is saying.

It isn't fatal, just annoying. The prototypes in the header file
look fine, so the question is have I done something wrong or is
this just a bug (in gcc maybe? this is 2.6.3). Incidentally, how
is 2.7.2 now? Is it stable on RiscBSD yet?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.demon.co.uk)
13 Priory Close, Hoddesdon, Herts EN11 8DB