Subject: More progress
To: None <port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-arm26
Date: 11/23/2001 12:11:29
I've now managed to get the hard disk on my A4000 setup with a root and swap
partition (it's too small for root+swap+usr, unfortunately), and it does make
quite a difference to booting speed (I managed to trash the RISC OS partition
in doing so, however :-( ). Where does the NetBSD disklabel get written to
when you have a disk that is split between NetBSD and RISC OS? I'm sure I ran
bb_netbsd after creating a smaller RISC OS partition on the disk. I'm going
to retry this over the weekend - it's likely that I missed a step.

I still need to boot single user and enable swap in order to get the machine
to boot in a sensible amount of time, though.

I've found a small problem with boot26 - if booting from a floppy (which I
currently have to, due to the lack of RISC OS partition on the hard disk),
the floppy light stays on after the kernel has been loaded from the floppy.

Also, the module version of boot26 doesn't seem to get built as part of a
'make build' (cross building from my i386 1.5.2 machine).

Ian.