Subject: Re: Unable to cross-compile kernels
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-arm26
Date: 08/07/2001 12:00:31
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:42:50AM +0100, Ben Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ian Fry wrote:
> > The make now stops when trying to compile libgcc2.c because it can't find
> > 'stdlib.h' (and a couple of other headers). Do I need to install some
> > header files suitable for arm26 before I do this?
> Well, you shouldn't really need to build libgcc2 from the cross-compile
> tree at all,

That's what I thought too, so I tried doing a 'LIBGCC2= make', which got a
bit further, but still failed with the same error later on...

> but if it insists, link $prefix/arm-unknown-netbsdelf/include to
> $DESTDIR/usr/include (where $DESTDIR is the root of an installed
> NetBSD/arm26 system).

Okay. Problem is, I don't have an installed arm26 system (yet) - that's what
I'm trying to do at the moment. However, I *do* have the latest snapshot
lying around somewhere, and I can get the includes from there.

> *sigh*  This really shouldn't be quite so painful.

You think so, wouldn't you?

Ian.