Subject: Re: R140 soon with 8 MB RAM, new snapshot?
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm26
Date: 06/30/2001 15:40:17
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> Getting my R140 up and booting over the network again, I have run into
> the following problem with BBBB 0.44 (looks like this is the latest
> when trying to do a cvs update -dP):
> Error: Page 19 not free at line 3210 (Error number &1)
>
> Before that error I have:
> Machine has 256 pages of 32K each. Total RAM: 8Mb
> Lowering HIMEM: &598000 -> &18000
> [snip]
>
> So, maybe someone wants to take a look at this?

What does the memory map (printed between the header and the error
message) look like?  That message means that one of the physical pages
that BBBB wanted to load the kernel into is in use for something else.
You probably want to ensure that RMASize, FontSize, SpriteSize and
RAMFSSize are all set to small (or zero) values.

> I am attaching a copy of the output that was generated by the PodID2,ffb
> program that I found at
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm26/riscos/

Right, both those podules should be supported (by hcide(4) and ea(4)
respectively).

> The aun software can be found at:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm26/

FWIW, it's also available by anoncvs in othersrc.  It'll be moved into the
main NetBSD tree once the code is of the required standard.