Subject: Re: R140 soon with 8 MB RAM, new snapshot?
To: None <port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm26
Date: 06/30/2001 01:23:13
This message is in MIME format which your mailer apparently does not support.
You either require a newer version of your software which supports MIME, or
a separate MIME decoding utility.  Alternatively, ask the sender of this
message to resend it in a different format.

--1749112950--2133940732--1877525202

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.10106271119520.1032-100000@login-1.eunet.no> you wrote:

> Last week I ordered memory upgrades for my R140 and A5000 from Simtec, and
> this is now in the process of clearing through customs. I therefore expect
> to get my R140 upgraded to 8 MB during the weekend.

My R140 now has 8 MB RAM and a 33 MHz ARM3. The ARM3 board also has room
for an FPA10, and the crystal oscillator is in a socket, so I can
replace the latter with a 50 MHz one (that I have lying around) and
stick the FPA10 in.

My A5k will be at 8 MB RAM as well, as soon as I can get someone at work
to replace the MEMC1a with a socket, and then I can mount the extra 4 MB
that I have lying around. This box also has an FPA10.

So, maybe someone is interested in working on the FPA code again?

Getting my R140 up and booting over the network again, I have run into
the following problem with BBBB 0.44 (looks like this is the latest
when trying to do a cvs update -dP):
Error: Page 19 not free at line 3210 (Error number &1)

Before that error I have:
Machine has 256 pages of 32K each. Total RAM: 8Mb
Lowering HIMEM: &598000 -> &18000
[snip]

So, maybe someone wants to take a look at this?

It would be nice to be able to finally get a shell on this box, now that
I have 8 MB RAM.

I am attaching a copy of the output that was generated by the PodID2,ffb
program that I found at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm26/riscos/

For completeness sake I outline the steps taken on the R140 to get it
to boot over the network:
- Set the station ID with stationset,ffb as found above
  The ID can be anything, but stick to the LSB of the IP address. Mine
  is set to 177.
- Configure BootNet On
- Configure FileSystem Net
- Configure Boot
- Configure FS kbtsparc (or whatever you computer is called)
- You must also make sure that none of the modules are unplugged.

In addition to this, I have installed the aund software on my
NetBSD/sparc and also set that up for DCHP. You also need to do an alias
on the Ethernet, and in my case this is:
ifconfig le0 alias 1.0.128.80

The LSB of the address above is the LSB of the IP address of your
server. The three MSBs must be as above.

The aun software can be found at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm26/

I don't know whether I am using the 0.01 or 0.02 version, but it works
for me.

I probably have forgotten something above, but I don't think so.

TIA!

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/

--1749112950--2133940732--1877525202

*podid2,ffb
Program renumbered
0000A09C                    OPT 3
0000A09C         =20
0000A09C                    .get_byte%
0000A09C         =20
0000A09C EF000016           SWI "OS_EnterOS"
0000A0A0         =20
0000A0A0 E5D00000           LDRB R0,[R0]
0000A0A4         =20
0000A0A4 E33FF000           TEQP PC,#0
0000A0A8         =20
0000A0A8 E1A00000           MOV R0,R0
0000A0AC         =20
0000A0AC E1A0F00E           MOV PC,R14
0000A0B0         =20
Podule 0:
not present
Podule 1:
not present
Podule 2:
extended ECId
8-bit code
Manufacturer 000C product 0022 country 0
irq/fiq flags relocated
chunk directory present
chunk type &F2 address &34 length &C (device date of manufacture "21 Mar =
1995")
chunk type &F4 address &40 length &6D (device place of manufacture "Unit =
23, Team Valley Business Centre, Earlsway, T.V.T.E, Gateshead, Tyne & Wea=
r, NE11 ORQ, Phone 091 4822214")
chunk type &F5 address &B0 length &E (device description "IDE Interface")=

chunk type &80 address &C0 length &54 (RISC OS loader)
Podule 3:
extended ECId
8-bit code
Manufacturer 0053 product 00A4 country 0
irq/fiq flags relocated
chunk directory present
chunk type &F5 address &3C5 length &3B (device description "ANT Ethernet =
(00:02:07:02:79:80) Acorn Access / AUN (DCI4)")
chunk type &F5 address &399 length &2C (device description "Hardware =A9 =
Copyright ANT Limited 1992, 1993")
chunk type &F5 address &314 length &85 (device description "Software =A9 =
Copyright Acorn Computer Ltd, ANT Ltd, Regents of the University of Calif=
ornia 1982, 1986, 1992-1995. All rights reserved")
chunk type &F5 address &2E1 length &33 (device description "The moral rig=
hts of the authors have been asserted")
chunk type &F5 address &294 length &4D (device description "Project membe=
rs: Borris, Martin Coulson, Alex van Someren, Nicko van Someren")
chunk type &F2 address &27B length &19 (device date of manufacture "Fri A=
ug  4 13:53:42 1995")
chunk type &80 address &11F length &15C (RISC OS loader)
*

--1749112950--2133940732--1877525202--