Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD/arm26 from a hard drive
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm26
Date: 06/07/2001 18:15:29
[ Ian contacted me privately, but this is probably appropriate to the
  list. ]

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Ian Fry wrote:

[ eh(4) card in an A4000 ]
> > The latter might be caused by the media-selection jumper being wrongly set
>
> Ah, right I didn't realise that there is a jumper you can change on the card.

There is.  On my card, ISTR its being hidden away at the back on the left,
between some chunky component and the rear panel.

> > -- this should be easy enough to check once you've got a kernel with eh
> > support, since it should tell you what's going on.
>
> Well, *EHInfo under RISC OS says '.. (coax)', so I'm assuming that the card
> doesn't auto-sense which connector to use (I've got a 10baseT connection
> setup for this).

It can autosense, but the jumper overrides this.  Actually, the jumper
makes it impossible for the driver to select the other medium.  I'm not
sure what effect the jumper has on what *EHInfo reports, but I can check
when I get home.

> > >  I downloaded the -current sys.tar.gz last night, but haven't been able
> > >  to build a kernel with eh support in it (yet - I'm going to have another
> > >  try tonight)
> > What goes wrong?
>
> I suspect that my .mk files aren't right for doing -current builds - make
> depends complains about ARCHSUBDIR.

Yeah.  Get a -current bsd.own.mk, and things should be happier.