Subject: Re: Netbooting fails on R140
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm26
Date: 11/30/2000 23:12:59
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> In my previous reply to this question, I forgot to ask you if there is
> anything I can do, so hereby that question has been asked.

I think the best thing is whatever you think needs doing.  You could look
at the arm26 todo list <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/arm26/todo.html>
if you're really short of ideas.

> OK, I made it past that (with revision 1.2), but it panics in ubc_init
> from main from start. The error message is ubc_init failed to map
> ubc_object.

Yep.  Looks like it was asking for 8Mb of address space, which is a bit
greedy.  Fixed in rev 1.4 of sys/arch/arm26/include/param.h, where I
override it.  This gets my tet machine as far as mounting root.[B

> So, it seems like the UBC integration definitely broke things. I am now
> fetching the sources from 05 October to see if I can get any further.
> Should I send-pr this problem?

Since it's fixed, I'd not bother.  In general, if I don't fix things
immediately, yes, in category port-arm26.