Subject: Re: Worked around: BBBB fails on R140
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm26
Date: 11/30/2000 08:31:16
On Thu 30 Nov, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Ben Harris wrote:
> > >
> > > In the arm32 mailing list there has been a discussion about SCSI cards
> > > with PowerROM's. It seems that PowerROM doesn't provide the correct
> > > podule ID. A solution is to provide the podule ID on the commandline.
> > > Look in the arm32 list for the correct solution.
> >
> > This won't currently work on arm26 since my podulebus code doesn't have
> > support for this (actually, arm26 kernels don't have command-lines).  It
> > should really be fixed by the asc driver knowing about PowerROMs.
>
> This may not be possible.  Cards with a powerROM have a podule ID of a
> powertec card, not of the original card.

It is possible, and Partis Computing, which has made the Power-tec
software, has given us what I hope is sufficient information to make
this possible. And, if that turns out not to be the case, they will give
us what we need to make it possible.

IIRC, there are a few registers on the card that can be checked to
figure out what type of card it is.

The information is stored in an mbox located as:
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/power-tec.mbox

At least on the arm26 platform we can call this podule code directly,
can't we?

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/