Subject: Web pages etc (was: Re: Hopefully another person up for this...)
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 05/05/2000 15:21:04
On Fri, 5 May 2000 Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:

> Big Q: Do we need a proper www site for this yet other than
> the projects page etc?  I think there's a whole load of willing
> contributors/volunteers out there; we just need to prod them
> a bit.

I don't think there'll be any problem with
<http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/arm26/>, do you?  Just give me a chance to
get around to setting it up.  FWIW, my plans currently go:

1: Upload new snapshot (with new Ether3 driver).
2: Check out new source tree directly from cvs.netbsd.org.
3: Build new compiler with new structure-padding rules.
4: Rebuild the world with the new compiler in the new tree.
5: Check nothing important breaks in consequence.
6: Fix bizarre subr_autoconf.c bug and any other out-of-area changes.
7: Commit new code to cvs.netbsd.org.
8: Update documentation, including port Web page etc.
9: Release new binary snapshot.

My current estimate is that this will take three weeks (allowing for my
being busy with other things the weekend after next).

I'll post a proper announcement here about the structure alignment/padding
business once I'm certain what I'm doing.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.