Subject: Re: Another one...
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 05/02/2000 19:32:27
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Michael Lorenz wrote:

> ... then loaded the kernel and died. Second time I remembered that I had
> to switch to 256 colours first...

*grin*  Anyone feel like fixing rasops?

> Now it finds an ARM3 (rev. 0) ???

I think all ARM3s come up as revision 0.

> ... the usual Acorn stuff, then
> podulebus0 at ioc0 bank 4
> Castle Technology SCSI + CDFS Drivers (0055:00f6) at podulebus0 slot 0
> not configured
> ea0 at podulebus0 slot 1: SEEQ8005 address f2:f2:f2:f2:f2:f2 buffer RAM
> failed self test, 131071 faults

Pity.  I'll have a look and see if there's anything obvious I've missed in
the code, but I'm not greatly optimistic.

> ... more Acorn stuff ...
> cpu0: 10000 loops in 1261 microseconds, delay factor = 1

Hmm.  My division routines are definitely screwed since I moved to the
powerpc build machine.

> Would it help to put the ea0 in slot 0 ?

I doubt it.  Anyone got a spare Ether3 they can donate?

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.