Subject: Re: Another one...
To: None <port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-arm26
Date: 05/02/2000 20:02:53
Greetings !

> > I just want to announce, that another one has joined this list - I have
> > a heavily expanded A5k ( 8MB RAM from Simtec, ANT Ether3, Castle SCSI,
> > 33MHz processor )
>
> *grin* sounds much like my A3000.
>
> > OK, enough said - I volunteer to test any new kernel / driver that may
> > run on my machine.
>
> Please try the latest snapshot if you can.  It should work, but not have
> any way to mount root (which makes it rather useless).
I just got the latest snapshot, realized, that I was unable to access ma
SCSI disk from supervisor mode - for whatever reason - so I copied
everything to the IDE drive and fired BBBB up. It said this: (typed from
screen, may have errors )

>> BBBB, Revision 0.30
Machine has 256 pages of 32K each. Total RAM: 8Mb
Lowering HIMEM: &eF0000 -> &10000
--------/-------/-------/-------
SSSSSmfff+*****S0h**************
********************************
********************************
********************************
********************************
********************************
********************************
*********mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
BASIC -quit "ADFS::IDEdisc4.$.netbsd.bbbb"
... then loaded the kernel and died. Second time I remembered that I had
to switch to 256 colours first...
Now it finds an ARM3 (rev. 0) ???
... the usual Acorn stuff, then
podulebus0 at ioc0 bank 4
Castle Technology SCSI + CDFS Drivers (0055:00f6) at podulebus0 slot 0
not configured
ea0 at podulebus0 slot 1: SEEQ8005 address f2:f2:f2:f2:f2:f2 buffer RAM
failed self test, 131071 faults
... more Acorn stuff ...
cpu0: 10000 loops in 1261 microseconds, delay factor = 1
root device:

looks great so far :-)
But the ea0 definitely works, I transferred the whole NetBSD stuff to
the A5k via it and smbclient...

Would it help to put the ea0 in slot 0 ?

hope this helps...
Michael