Subject: A Boot!
To: None <port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 05/02/2000 09:55:09
Hi,

Whoopee - A boot (well sort of).  Just booted NetBSD/arm26 almost
sucessfully on my A5k :)  After spending about 20 mins playing
with

*configure thisandthat off
*BBBB

It worked :)  It does sometimes (mainly from cold) and doesn't
others.  Does BBBB's page memory map output have a key?

There is only one problem (mine), is that my monitor loses sync
after about 2 seconds of it booting (sync too low).  I have a
proper Acorn monitor AKF60 in the post so I'l have a proper boot
soon :)  I'll even see things past the copyright message before
it loses sync then :)

I'm going to try the latest snapshot tonight with hopefully (?)
working Ether3 support.  I might even try NFS root with the
prelim system.

[for Ben >> Can we have a serial console for development? :) ]

Thanks and nice one Ben :)

Chris.