Subject: 20000401 snapshot. Now with ea driver?
To: None <port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 05/01/2000 22:14:41
Quick one this.  In the usual place on chiark, there's a new kernel which
might have support for "ea" devices (ether3 etc).  I've no idea if the
driver works -- I just hacked at the arm32 driver until it compiled.
I've done the same thing with the "asc" (Acorn SCSI) driver, and it seems
to work a little bit, but hangs probing non-existent targets.  Since
someone over in arm32-land is apparently rewriting the "asc" driver, I'll
postpone further work on it for now.  We apologise for the lack of
documentation with this snapshot -- I can't be bothered just now.

Oh, and the Ether1 driver's now called "ei" to avoid clashing with an
atari framebuffer driver.

On a different front, my desk seems to have sprouted an R140 running
RISC iX, which makes an interesting comparison.  Our console drivers, at
least, need some serious work to compete.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.