Re: arm base32.tgz?

On Sat, Oct 19, 2024 at 07:50:18 +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:

> > I don't think it was there before.
> >
> > On 64-bit ports this seems to contain the expected stuff (e.g.
> > /usr/lib/sparc for sparc64).  But what is the purpose of this 32-on-32
> > thing?  A bug?
>
> base32.tgz is oabi compat support

I'm not sure I grok how shipping the same (same path, binary
identical) ./bin/cat in base.tgz _and_ in base32.tgz fits that
picture.

On sparc64 if I unpack all tgz sets, I get 32-bit sparc libs in the
right places, coming from base32.tgz.

On my arm when I unpack all tgz sets, the bits from base32.tgz just
_overwrite_ bits from the base.tgz with identical contents as far as I
can tell.

Do I need to know _not_ to unpack base32.tgz on arm (but to also know
to do unpack it on sparc64, etc)?

-uwe