Re: 2024-10-16-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

On Wed-16-Oct-2024 12:11, Jun Ebihara wrote:
I've updated 2024-10-16-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img.gz for RPI.

NetBSD GPIO DOC by Marina Brown
   https://github.com/catskillmarina/netbsd-gpio-doc/blob/master/README.md

I have given a talk at EuroBSDCon2024 about GPIO, slides are online
and readable, they contain detailed information about how to use
GPIO in RPi3B+ for input and output, gpioirq is covered, there are sample circuits.
I made my best to make it beginner friendly.
https://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/mingotti/slides-eurobsdcon-2024-v-1-6.pdf

BUGS:
1. port-arm/48855
   i2cscan on RPi NetBSD build finds device for all addresses
2. i2c problem reported from "its sead".
   /usr/sbin/i2scan on iic0 or iic1 often crashes the device (also with the -r
   (use writes) option)

--
Jun Ebihara

From my experiments note i can state that on BeagleBone Black i2cscan does not work in CURRENT.

I am trying to fix i2cscan myself, but I am a busy beginner, so i am very slow;)

Anyway, a lot of info, I will re-read very carefully, thank you

bye
nicola