-current doesn't accept root=

Hi,

I'm using a pre-made earmv7hf NetBSD-current image from here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2023/08/23/msg008366.html

I plan to use it to mount a USB attached disk and root on it. While a NetBSD-10 kernel respects the "root=NAME=" entry in /boot/cmdline.txt, the -current kernel from 22-August-2023 doesn't.

The drive is definitely up and running (boot_delay=10 in config.txt). The kernel sees the drive, it sees the gpt wedges, but it just roots on ld0a.

Has anyone else seen this? When I have a chance, I'll try an up-to-date -current kernel to see if this is still happening

John