Re: install binary and pkgsrc

Hi,
I don't think v4 and v5 binaries are guaranteed to run correctly on v6 hardware. If I remember correctly, v6 is the first ARM architecture to add support for multi-core CPUs with CPU instructions to allow mutexes and semaphores.

Most v4 programs will work fine though.

I don't think our pkgsrc archives are configured in a way that to support the complexity of the ARM port. We really could do with builds for each of v4, v5 and v6.

Cheers,
Lloyd