Re: opencv

John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I'm trying to make install opencv-3.4.16 on a RockPro64 ARM64 device
>> on NetBS>>D 9.3. Has anyone successfully built and installed (or
>> installed binary pkg) and tried import cv2 in python310?
>>
>> I received this:
>> ******************************************************************
>> * FATAL ERROR:                                                   *
>> * This OpenCV build doesn't support current CPU/HW configuration *
>> *                                                                *
>> * Use OPENCV_DUMP_CONFIG=1 environment variable for details      *
>> ******************************************************************
>>
>> And with OPENCV_DUMP_CONFIG=1 set:
>> Required baseline features:
>>    ID=100 (NEON) - NOT AVAILABLE
>>    ID=  9 (FP16) - NOT AVAILABLE
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
>>
>> Is this the end of it for support on a RockPro64?
>>
>> This is the first real issue I've hit on the fun little device. I have
>> an M.2 SSD adapter and the build times are reasonable with
>> machdep.cpufreq tweaked.
>
> On a Raspberry Pi 4 running current aarch64:
>
> => Creating binary package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/opencv-3.4.16nb9.tgz
>
> I can't imagine a reason why it wouldn't work on NetBSD 9.

I read the original email as that the error was generated when trying
to call opencv from python.

There isn't a portable way to determine CPU features, I don't see any
calls to sysctl(3) in the opencv sources or pkgsrc patches for it.

I would guess that someone needs to write a patch for NetBSD for
3rdparty/cpufeatures/cpu-features.c.