Re: opencv

On 11/12/22 11:43, joelp%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
I'm trying to make install opencv-3.4.16 on a RockPro64 ARM64 device on NetBSD 9.3. Has anyone successfully built and installed (or installed binary pkg) and tried import cv2 in python310?

I received this:
* FATAL ERROR:                                                   *
* This OpenCV build doesn't support current CPU/HW configuration *
*                                                                *
* Use OPENCV_DUMP_CONFIG=1 environment variable for details      *

And with OPENCV_DUMP_CONFIG=1 set:
Required baseline features:
     ID=100 (NEON) - NOT AVAILABLE
     ID=  9 (FP16) - NOT AVAILABLE
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'

Is this the end of it for support on a RockPro64?

NEON should be available. What does "uname -a" and "uname -p" say?

There is a lot of backwards compatibility in ARM and so you can run really old code that works fine until you ask it what CPU you have. I had to rebuild my RPi 3 to get it running earmv7hf instead of earm6 so that lang/go would build.

Cheers,
Lloyd