Re: ghc and current aarch64

On Sat, 19 Nov 2022, nia wrote:
Right now the bootstrap compiler is built in netbsd-8, so it depends
on emulators/compat80, which isn't available to aarch64. So in
current (and I suppose 9 too) you'll end up with:

/usr/pkgsrc/lang/ghc92/work/.tools/lib/ghc-9.2.1/bin/ghc-pkg: Shared object "libcurses.so.8" not found

Has someone crosscompiled a bootstrap compiler for haskell in current
or netbsd-9?

Regards,
adr.

If you install emulators/compat90 you will get libcurses.so.8.

I haven't thought in using compat90 because the makefile justify
the use of compat80 precisely with this:

[...]
# NetBSD 9.x have libcurses with a newer major version than the
# bootstrap kit is linked against. For now, work around this with
# compat80.
[...]

I'll give it a try.