Re: pinebook status update (20221027)

Thanks for the pointer Robert. It looks like there are two problems here related to audio.

1) In the dmesg diff referenced from the PR, the analog amplifier driver (simpleamp0) is reporting an error with the regulator:

  simpleamp0 at simplebus0fregulator0: autoconfiguration error: failed to acquire regulator: 6

The previous patch should solve that problem.

2) For the issue you pointed out, it seems that the binding specification for allwinner,sun8i-a33-codec has changed, and now #sound-dai-cells can be either 0 or 1.

To answer your question in the previous email -- we check these values to ensure that the device tree we are given matches the interface that the driver expects.

Fixing 2) is easy, I'll check that in now. If someone could test the patch for 1) separately that would be great.

Take care,
Jared