Re: cross-build aarch64 from macOS not working? Seems to be a result of newer gcc?

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2022 at 06:26:09PM -0700, Rob Newberry wrote:
> Yes!
>
> Thank you so much.  The symptoms are exactly the same, and the patch does indeed appear to fix the build problem — everything builds now.
>
> Really appreciate you pointing me in this direction!

Nice!

What version of clang/llvm and macOS is this btw?  The gcc bug report
mentioned clang 9.0 so I did a few tests and indeed cannot build gcc
up to 10.4.0 with clang 9.0.  I was able to compile gcc 9.2.0 with
clang 9.0.1 and I'm right now fairly far into a gcc 11.1.0 build with
clang 9.0.  But if this happens with a compiler shipped by a major
vendor it will likely affect more people so we should patch it in our
tree some way or the other.

  Harold