Re: Building media player for RPI4 : which one to focus on?

Hi Mayuresh,

I know this thread is a little old, but I would recommend you to
use xine. I always use it in every system without hardware acceleration
and it's been actively developed again. The version 0.99.13 improve
a lot of things and is already in pkgsrc-current. Configure the
rpi at 2.2Ghz and set the number of ffmpeg video threads to 4 in
video options. Don't forget to power your pi with a good adaptor
and to use a thermal dissipator and possibly a fan.

I'm happy to see that the problem seeking in mkv is gone.

If the bitrate is not too high, you can play 1080p h264 video with
good performance. I posted some patches to pkgsrc-users to resolve
a little issue so it can compile:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2022/10/03/msg036292.html

Regards,
adr