Re: Pinebook Pro

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 04:22:43PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>> > I'm interested in Lima supoort :)
>>
>> For which SoC?
>
> A20, mainly. I also have an A64 lying around.

The lima (and panfrost) drivers need to work with a DRM framebuffer,
they share buffers between the GPU and framebuffer that MesaLib writes
to in userland.

The A20 console driver in the tree isn't a DRM framebuffer. I have done
a bit of work on converting it to a DRM driver as my Cubietruck has a
good selection of display connectors to try but haven't finished it.
Help on this bit would be welcome.

I have been doing the lima port on a Pinebook, so the A64 drivers should
be fine.

Also looked at what would be needed for the Odroid C2, it has a Mali-450
which uses slightly different bits of the lima DRM driver. The display
driver and framebuffer in the tree would also need to be converted to
DRM ones.  I'm also not sure Linux can use lima on this device, the
default disk image uses the ARM Mali binary library instead, the device
tree for it is missing definitions for clocks and resets for the GPU
which are needed by lima.

Robert Swindells