Re: Pinebook Pro

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 03:35:07PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> There is one function in the linux compat layer that is still a stub
>> that needs to be written to allocate space for the MMU page table.
>>
>> It will probably have the same problem as the lima driver when trying to
>> load shaders from userland, but it provides another platform to use to
>> debug this.
>>
>> Then it needs to be made to build as a module as the source is GPL.
>>
>> Maybe need to decide what to do about MesaLib in userland, is it worth
>> committing the Makefile changes to build lima and panfrost before the
>> branch for NetBSD-10? There are no source changes needed to MesaLib, one
>> small change to libdrm.
>
> How hard would it be to get the kernel parts pulled up to netbsd-10 ?

I think that would depend on what kind of changes releng@ would allow to
be in a pullup commit.

One idea is to commit my changes to the core DRM code soon, then just
add the lima and panfrost code as snapshots in a pullup to netbsd-10,
the full commit history for them would be in -current.

The ABI would have been fixed by the earlier core DRM changes.

> I'm interested in Lima supoort :)

For which SoC?

Robert Swindells