securelevel and embedded targets

Hi!

I'm creating my first embedded application on NetBSD and securelevel gets in my way at the very first step - configuring and using the GPIO.
Even gpioctl cannot work (EPERM), so it's not just my code.
I'm using an ODROID C2 and dmesg shows 119 pins on gpio0, so my hardware seems supported.

I must be missing something, but have no clue what.
Could somebody shed some light on how I'm supposed to use the GPIO?

Vincent