Re: Pinebook Pro images

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 01:37:28PM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
> I would have expected sysinst to make the system bootable without any
> extra effort. If not, that seems like a bug.

No, it is not - sysinst has no access to the various other parts needed
like firmware files, various binary blobs for the boot sequences,
whatever (evbarm is a total mess when it comes to booting).
Installboot and pkgsrc deal with some of that.

Only if your platform is SBSR (server ready or whatever it is called nowadays)
sysinst is expected to create a bootable setup (but there are bugs).

That is why the bootable images are so handy - just dd them to the
proper device and boot from it.

Martin