Re: noauto doesn't help skip fsck at boot time?

On Fri, 20 May 2022 18:37:21 +0200
Harold Gutch <logix%foobar.franken.de@localhost> wrote:

> The fsck(8) manpage also mentions passno:
>
>      Only partitions in fstab that are mounted ``rw,'' ``rq'' or
>      ``ro'' and that have non-zero pass number are checked.

I'm right now waiting on a fsck of /dev/rraid0g. There is no mention of it at all in /etc/fstab. I also see "boot device: raid0" and "root on raid0a dumps on raid0b", but the boot device is actually a third device and fstab on that one only mentions ROOT.a, ROOT.b, ROOT.e, etc. And even when rc.conf says "raidframe=NO" it still seems to mount raid0a as the root file system.

The raid pair in question is from 10 or 12 years ago, so doesn't work well with the 9.2 kernel that UEFI booted, and one of the raid pair is failed, anyway. I'll probably just wipe and reformat the raid pair when (if) the fsck completes and I can get a login prompt.

--
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost>