Raspberry 4 installation?

Hi!

Since the 3B+ seemed to slow (at least without graphics acceleration),
I bought a 4B. Then I tried the same arm64.img I had used on my 3B+
(from a daily build on nycdn), written to a new SD card, to boot from,
but it fails with

	start4.elf not compatible

and loops trying to find something to boot from.

The installation notes in evbarm are rather outdated, they mention 1
and 2, and armbsd.org, which seems down.

The notes on https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/ are
much better for model 3, but not much help for model 4.

Can I modify the image on the SD card somehow to make it model
4-compatible?

Thanks,
 Thomas