Re: pinebook status update (20210819)

From: Matt <mmwidup%gmail.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: pinebook status update (20210819)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:21:02 -0500

> I'm not sure if this solves the Pinebook Pro touchpad issues for everyone,
> but the latest firmware update for the touchpad (As of 28 July 2021) seems
> to solve all but UI settings related touchpad problems.  I could not get
> the updater to work in NetBSD; I had to install GNU/Linux on a micro SD
> card to install the new firmware.  But it solved all the touchpad issues I
> had.

Thanx!
With https://github.com/dragan-simic/pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater ,
I've update my pinebook-pro keyboard/touchpad firmware.

need: MicroSD card,USB keyboard/mouse.

1. Copy Manjaro ARM pinebook pro image to MicroSD

disklabel sd0   ... connect microsd with USB dongle, as sd0.
dd if=Manjaro-ARM-xfce-pbpro-21.08.img of=/dev/rsd0d bs=4m

2. Boot Manjaro ARM from MicroSD

setup wireless LAN with clicking icon which smells like WiFi spirit.

3. make updater

git clone https://github.com/dragan-simic/pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater.git
cd pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
sudo pacman -Syy base-devel libusb vim
make

4. update firmware

My pinebook pro is "ANSI" model. [SHIFT][Z][X]..

# Execute step-1
sudo ./updater step-1
# connect USB keyboard and mouse
sudo poweroff

# Turn your Pinebook Pro on again, then run step-2
# connect USB keyboard and mouse
sudo ./updater step-2 ansi
# plug off USB keyboard and mouse,
# within 5 seconds,during firmware update count down.
# update succeeded.
# connect USB keyboard and mouse
sudo poweroff

I also install "Revised" firmware.
# Turn it on again, then update to the revised ANSI firmware
sudo ./updater flash-kb firmware/default_ansi.hex

--
Jun Ebihara